Wednesday 23 April 2014

Bella Box April 2014

I have been subscribed to the monthly beauty subscription service Bella Box for a few months now and have been loving it. It's my first ever monthly beauty subscription and it's been a great one to start with. What makes Bella Box unique is that each box is specifically created for yourself. When you create an account you have to answer a few questions and with that they decide which items you receive. It's very clever. For example, I told them I have curly dyed hair and I've been getting tons of hair samples for curly and colour damaged hair. Perfect!!

Unfortunately, this month is my last Bella Box as I'll be moving back to the UK, but as always, it's a great one! The packaging is super cute, since I've had Bella Box they have had quite a few different styles of packaging but I think this new one is permanent. Not only are you receiving 6 beauty samples, but the box is so cute that I'll be keeping that too!

When you open the box first you'll see the little card of all the info and the theme of the month.

.

First up is Avon's Mega Effects Mascara in Blackest Black. I have always wanted to try this weird mascara. The card reads: "This is the breakthrough mascara everyone is talking about. Avon's first ever Wonderbrush bends and adjusts to multiple angles capturing every lash. Simply pull off the red lid, grip the red handle, and pull the brush out of the black half, containing the clump-proof, sweat-proof formula".

The second product is this little Vaseline lotion. It's such a cute small bottle and perfect for when I got travelling. It smells really nice, fresh and clean. The card reads: "One of the only anti-aging moisturisers for your body on the market - show your body the same kind of love as you would for your face with Ultimate 10. Expect firmer, hydrated skin, reduced dark marks, and a more refined skin texture." The full size bottle of 225ml only costs $7.68! Bargain!

Indio is a brand I have received before in my Bella Box as a spot treatment and it was amazing, so seeing another Indio product was really exciting. This is a tinted eye cream so hydrates and covers at the same time. The card reads: "This anti-aging eye cream is ace for day use, with inbuilt sunscreen and concealing properties. It works to draw moisture into the delicate eye tissue, whilst plumping out fine lines thanks to the inclusion of powerful anti-oxidants." I'm really excited to try this!

Next is a lip balm from Burt's Bees. It smells really nice and pepperminty and applies really smoothly to my lips. It does tingly a bit which I don't really mind. The card reads: "Give your lips the soothing feeling they deserve. This natural lip balm is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, to nourish, condition and soften lips. No wonder its Burt's most popular product!" These lip balms retail for $7.95.

The last product (apart from the bonus) is a Montage Jeunesse mask for Dry Skin. These are the masks I always used to use for sleepovers when I was younger. They're really fun and smell great! The card reads: "Hydrated and flowing skin isn't just for summer months! Treat your face to a hard working yet affordable treatment with this Dry Skin Mask containing antioxidants like Raspberries, Blueberries and Red Grapes." This masks retails for only $4.99!

The bonus product is a sample set of Revlon's Nearly Naken Make-up. The foundation comes in 12 shades, and I received 4 little sample saches.

I'm always really impressed with Bella Box, it's only $15 a month but you get way more than that. The full size Avon Mascara is $19.95 on its own!







1 comment: