Thursday 3 April 2014

Kester Black Architecture in Helsinki 2


This is part two of the Kester Black limited addition nail polish where I'll be showing you 4EVA. The collection is a collaboration with the band Architecture in Helsinki. Their new CD is called NOW & 4EVA, and that's what the two limited addition nail polishes are called. If you want to see swatches of NOW, click here.

4EVA is a beautiful bright pink colour, not quite neon, but almost there. Like I mentioned in the previous post, the new Kester Black nail polishes have a new wide brush, which makes application very easy. However, the formula of this nail polish wasn't as fantastic as NOW. With NOW I could easily get away with just applying one coat. It had great opacity and wasn't streaky at all. For 4EVA I ended up applying three coats, and even though the nail polish was very smooth and even, it wasn't as opaque. After three coats I could still see my nail line, which was slightly disappointing. It wasn't very obvious, and the super easy application kind of makes up for it.

The colour isn't as unique as NOW either, the photo above compares it to Kester Blacks Dragonfruit. They look identical. Sometimes I feel like Dragonfruit looks slightly darker, but that could just be me trying so hard to see a difference I just make something up. The brush is different though. Dragonfruit has the original brush, and 4EVA has the new thick brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment