Wednesday 23 April 2014

ABC Challenge: C


I started this ABC challenge series on my instagram and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd blog about it too! Check out the rest of my ABC posts here.

Essie Chinchilly

C is for Chinchilly by Essie. Chinchilly is a beautiful tape grey colour that sometimes looks slightly more purple, other times grey, and other times brown. It's a beautiful colour. It isn't the most unique colour in my collection, OPI Taupe-less beach is almost identical, but when I bought this I had nothing like it.

It has a great formula, I feel like it's a little more liquid formula than most Essie's but that wasn't a problem for the application. The nail polish is also slightly sheer, but I used two coats for the swatch and everything is opaque!


Dwarf Hamster Chili







I love the colour, but it also has a sentimental meaning to me. I had a hamster called Chili, who was the sweetest and most adorable dwarf hamster ever. Is he not cute???

Anyway, the nail art I decided to create is Chili! I used Chinchilly for the base of all my nails apart from my ring finger. I used OPI's Don't Bossa Nova Me Around for that. I also used Chinchilly to create Chili. I used a black nail art pen from Barry M to create the paw prints and the face, and I used a pink nail art pen from Sally Hansen to create the nose and inner ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment