Saturday 5 April 2014

OPI I Love Applause

First up from my eBay OPI haul is I Love Applause. I was a little apprehensive about this colour since it is a sheer formula, and I looove my cremes. This colour is from the new Muppets Most Wanted collection. It consists of eight polishes: 3 glitters, 3 sheer polishes and 2 metallics. I honestly wasn't too thrilled with the collection, I have a love hate relationship with metallic and glitter polishes and never liked sheer ones! Anyway, I loved this colour so thought I'd just give it a go. I saw a lot of swatches where people used 3 coats and it was completely opaque.

Well… I LOVE it. When I applied the first coat, I got super worried. It was incredibly sheer and a little streaky. How could this possible become opaque in 3 coats?!? The second coat made a huge difference and finally the third coat made it perfect. It's such a beautiful elegant light pink shade. You can slightly see my nail line, but I think that actually adds to the polish. This literally opens up a whole new world of nail polish…. uh oh….

Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, I Love Applause, My Very First Knockwurst
I do have a few other light pink shades so I thought I'd do a quick comparison. First up is Bossa Nova Me Around, from the new Brazil collection and My Very First Knockwurst from the Germany collection. First off, I Love Applause is a sheer nail polish whereas the other two are creme finishes. Secondly I would classify I Love Applause as a pink, but the other two nude pinks. Don't Bossa Nova Me Around is a lot more creme coloured, definitely more nude. My Very First Knockwurst is the same shade of pink, but the creme finish makes a huge difference on the overall look of the nail polish.

Pink Friday, I Love Applause
This second comparison is with Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj Collection. Again, Pink Friday is a creme finish so a lot more opaque. It's also a much darker barbie bubblegum type of pink and a lot brighter.

Click to Enlarge
The photo shows the four nail polishes on my nails. Sorry for the slightly messy application, it's on my right hand (I'm right handed) and I wasn't very patient. I used three coats for Pink Friday  (normally you can get away with just two but using my non dominant hand is pretty difficult) and I Love Applause. Two coats for My Very First Knockwurst and Don't Bossa Nova Me Around. As you can see, DBNMA is the closest match, but still very very different.



No comments:

Post a Comment