Thursday 5 June 2014

Nail Art Challenge June - Sky & Matte

Since I have a bit more free time this month, I decided to take part in a monthly nail art challenge on Instagram. Californails has been making nail art challenges since I've been on Instagram so I decided to do her June challenge! I'm also taking part in a second one created by a friend of mine on Instagram, Glamournailart. Click the photos to enlarge!

The first theme for #nailartjun (by californails) was the sky. I decided I wanted to recreate a photo I took in Byron Bay in Australia. Byron Bay was my favourite place from our travels in Australia and we saw the most incredible sunset. I wanted to watermarble using neon shades inspired by the sunset.

I really wanted to use this new colour by Sally Hansen called Pretty in Hot Pink. I bought it from Fragrance Direct for £1.15. It was a limited addition shade last year and I found it thanks to Nicole from Youngwildandpolished. This photo is just a quick one from my phone, but I will have a Fragrance Direct haul up soon!


Anyway the theme was the sky and I created this water marble inspired by the photo above. I was actually really happy with how it turned out and was scared to draw on it! I used Sally Hansen Pretty in Hot Pink, China Glaze Sun Worshipper and Kester Black Paradise Punch.

I'm really happy with the final result. I didn't want to make the trees too large and be too overpowering. The mountains in the background were beautiful in real life and I wanted to add them to my nails, without them looking to overpowering either.

The theme for the first #nailartchallengejune was matte, and these themes fit together perfectly. I prefer the look of watermarble when it's matte anyway!



No comments:

Post a Comment