Friday 13 June 2014

Fragrance Direct Haul

Fragrance Direct is a shopping website that sells incredibly cheap fragrances, make-up, skincare, body lotions and much more. To me they're a bit of a holy grain website since everything is so affordable! OPI nail polishes retail for £3.99, Essie for £2.50 and Sally Hansen range from £0.99 to £2.50! I have placed many orders and pretty much all my Essie's are from them! This haul includes Sally Hansen Salon Manicure, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear and OPI.


First up is Gray by Gray a dark dusty grey blue part of the Complete Salon Manicure by Sally Hansen. These cost £1.49 on Fragrance Direct. I don't have anything in my collection similar to this. The application is really easy - it's a very opaque formula and only needed two coats. If you use slightly thicker coats you can definitely get away with just one! The polish dried quick was was super glossy. I really like how it looks against my skin tone and it will be a great polish for the cooler months.

The second Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure is Pumice. This is a really unique and interesting colour. It's a very green toned grey. Sometimes these colours can look really ugly, but I think this is so beautiful! It's a great colour for the winter, but I'll definitely be wearing it all year round. The application was very smooth, but I required three coats to get rid of any streakiness. Just looking at the swatch makes me want to put it on right now.

The next Complete Salon Manicure by Sally Hansen is Shore-ly. This is an amazing warm toned nude. I don't really know what to say about this, it's just beautiful!!

The application was really easy and I only needed 2 coats. Like the other two, it dried really glossy.

I'm not a huge fan of the applicators of these polishes. The brush is great, it's huge and covers my nail in one stroke. Amazing! However, I really dislike how thick the brush holder is. I wasn't able to remove any nail polish from the holder, so the polish kept dropping down onto the brush and I'd have WAY too much polish on my nail. It was such a pain! I'd try to get rid of as much polish as I could, but then I ended up with hardly anything on the brush.. It just made it really difficult to apply the polish. Does anyone else have this problem?

The final Complete Salon Manicure by Sally Hansen is Gilded Lily, the golden accent nail in the photo to the left. This is a dupe for OPI's Golden Eye. It's a flaky yellow gold glitter polish. I applied three coats for full opacity. It's so incredibly sparkly!

I also bought two nail polishes from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line. The first is Wet Cement. I didn't really care too much for this one, but I kept hearing great reviews about it, especially from Misshollyberries on YouTube. Since it was only £1.15, I thought I'd add it to my order. It's a really pretty neutral grey colour. The application is really easy, I love these skinny little brushes much better than the huge ones from the Complete Salon Manicure. I used two coats for the swatch and no top coat.

This is probably my favourite Sally Hansen nail polish ever. Maybe even my favourite hot pink? This is Pretty in Hot Pink also from the Xtreme Wear line by Sally Hansen. It's so beautiful!! It's super bright and a hot pink that isn't too dark or blue toned. I first heard about this polish by YoungWildAndPolished on Youtube and I fell in love. This was the whole reason for the order!! The application on this is incredibly easy, I applied to very easy coats. It dries to a semi matte finish, which I think looks beautiful. I haven't tried it with a top coat yet though. This is the nail polish I used a few posts ago for my Sky nail art water marble for Nail Art June.

It's such a shame these Xtreme wear nail polishes aren't available anywhere like Boots or Superdrug. You can only purchase them online on websites similar to Fragrance Direct.

I also bought two OPIs on Fragrance Direct which cost £3.99 each. The first one is Tickle my Franc-ey. This is another amazing nude, but much darker than the Sally Hansen polish. This was a little sheer and definitely needed three coats, but for a very subtle look this was also great with one or two coats and the application is completely streak-free. It built up beautifully, but I definitely preferred it fully opaque. This is a great neutral for my skin tone, it's much darker, but still looked like mannequin hands. I love it.

Now maybe my favourite purchase? Tied with Pretty in Hot Pink and Pumice... is this amazing OPI called Steady as She Rose from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. This is the nail polish I used for the swatch of Gilded Lily by Sally Hansen. It's a beautiful (I know I've used that a lot!) neutral pinky-purple colour. It's kind of like Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, but that was more pink, and this looks pink in some lights and purple in others. I have an obsessions with colours like this one... they're so elegant.

The formula was amazing, I used three smooth coats to get it fully opaque. It started off a bit streaky but that was easily covered up. I just love it!!

I have ordered from Fragrance Direct quite a few times now from nail polish, to mascara, eye liner, skincare, fake tan etc. Every experience has been great and the package arrives beautifully packed and very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment