Friday 6 June 2014

Nail Art Challenge June - Disney

This month I decided to take part in 2 nail art challenges on Instagram. Click here to view my first post. 

The second challenge part of "The Totally Doable I have a life challenge" by @californails was Disney. I wanted to create something that was a bit different from the usual disney creations, but that's still obviously disney. I found a pin on Pinterest and recreated this. 

The base is Barry M's Coconut. This is a brand new colour part of the Summer Gelly collection. It's a very light creamy colour, just off white. The application was really easy, but I did apply a third coat just to even out any streaks. With more careful application you only need 2 coats. 

I don't have any nail art supplies at the moment, so I had to be a bit more creative. I actually used a very fine tipped sharpie. It didn't turn out completely black, and you can see from the photos, but it was great for the thin lines. I then went over the ears with my Barry M nail art pen. The tip of this is a bit too think for fine lines. 

It definitely isn't perfect, but I'm really impressed with it. I can't draw for the life of me, so being able to draw this on my nails is a pretty big deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment