Friday 13 June 2014

Nail Art Challenge June - Fav Movie

Throughout this month I have been participating in two nail art challenges on Instagram, click here to see my other challenges.  The theme for #nailartjun for the 6th of June was fav movie. I don't really have a favourite movie so I decided to do something a little different. This is inspired by Packapunchnails on Instagram and it's a rainbow coloured film roll.

I started off with an off white base by Models Own called Coconut Cream. This is one of the two new scented polishes they have brought out for spring/summer. I will have swatches of the scented line coming soon. This is a beautiful colour and easy application. I did use three coats, but with careful application you can definitely get away with two coats. The polish smells of coconuts... surprise there! And even though I'm not the biggest fan of coconut smelling fragrances this is actually really nice and sweet smelling.

I then put tape on the tops and bottoms of my nails and used a sponge to create a gradient. From left to right I used: Models Own Shades, Models Own Beach Bag, Models Own Bikini, Models Own Flip Flop and Nails Inc Kensington Park Road. I recently bought the Polish for Tans collection by Models Own so that will be up on my blog soon too.



I then used my Barry M nail art pen to draw the lines for the film. It is all free hand so it isn't perfect, but Im still really happy with it! The nail art pen is incredibly easy to use since it has a sharpie/marker tip. You have a lot of control and it's super opaque so you don't need to draw over things a few times.


No comments:

Post a Comment