Monday 6 April 2015

Danglefoot Polish Digital Dreams Collection Swatch & Review

I think I'm at that stage in my nail polish addiction where I own every single main stream colour (twice) so it's time to move onto the indie world!

I have slowly been getting more and more into indie brands because they have such unique colour and glitter combinations. They do incredible glitter combinations with all sorts of different glitters, and make cream polishes so creamy that they only require one coat... and everything in between!

Today I am reviewing nail polishes by the UK indie brand Danglefoot Polish created by Hayley.  All Dangefoot Polishes are 5 free, cruelty free and handmade. They have anything ranging from creme polishes, crelly polishes with glitters, glitter polishes and holographics. The mini bottles of 5ml retail for £3.10 and the full size bottles of 12ml are £5.50.

This collection is called Digital Dreams and consists of 5 polishes: 1 creme, 2 glitters in a clear base and 2 glitters in a jelly base.

More info and swatches after the jump!



First up is the only cream in the collection called Mega-Byte Memories. I love cream polishes, they're my favourite type of finish and this was no disappointment.

First of all, look at that colour!! It's a gorgeous bright raspberry pink.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat. It dries super glossy and almost looks a bit jelly-like.

The formula was incredibly easy to work with. It applied really smooth without any streaks.

The second polish is this beautiful glitter called Static Secrets.

This polish consists of small black and white glitter as well as peach holographic glitter, giving it a very warm tone. I paired it with OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons.


I used 3 coats to get this fully opaque.

The scattered holographic glitter is very apparent in this polish. I swatched on a very miserable cloudy English day and it sparkled all over the place.

This nail polish 100% sums up my cat Oreo, black and white with a little bit of crazy! (Photo at the end of this post!).



The second glitter polish is called Digital Dreams.

This is such a patriotic/baby boy kind of glitter! It consists of red and blue metallic hex glitter and smaller white matte hex glitter.

I paired it with Forget Me Not from Kester Black

I used 3 coats for the swatch and although in the macro shot you can see my nail line, it wasn't noticeable in person.

It's a really dense glitter as you can see from the brush photograph.



Next up is Pixelated Wishes. This is a deep purple jelly base with green micro glitter. This is such a unique combination!

I used 3 coats for the swatch, but for full opacity you only need 2. The reason I added a third coat is because of the depth it creates as you'll see from the close up.

The purple jelly base is dark, but jelly enough to see through each layer. It doesn't cover up the green glitter. Both colours really pop!

There is also a subtle silver scattered holographic glitter in the polish which I wasn't able to capture but you can see it in the close up shots.

At first I wasn't a big fan of this one, but the more I look at it the more I love it.



The final colour is Desktop Musings. This is a black crelly base with blue flakie glitters and subtle linear holo.

I used 3 coats for the swatch, but again you only need 2 for full opacity.

It looks as though the flakies have a duo chrome effect. At some angles they look bright blue, and other angles they look purple.

Like I mentioned earlier, I swatched this on a miserable day so I didn't see the holo. When I grabbed my phones torch the nail polish came alive! The holographic effect is so beautiful and I can't wait to wear this on a sunny day!



What do you think of the Digital Dreams Collection by Danglefoot Polish? Will you be picking up any of the shades?

Remember to check out Danglefoot Polish on Instagram, Facebook and Etsy!


xx Elaine


P.S. Here is Oreo! On my lap as I'm writing this!






No comments:

Post a Comment