Thursday 30 April 2015

Little Lost Ones Swatch & Review

I received some polishes from Little Lost Ones. This is a relatively new UK based indie brand run by the lovely Ria. They just celebrated their 1 year anniversary and this new collection is perfection!

The polishes are 3 and 5 free. The are £6 for 10ml on her Etsy page.

I LOVE the name and her map of Europe logo. I love travelling so I feel like this is right up my street! This collection consists of 4 cremes and 1 glitter topper. They all dry incredibly quick!

Check our Ria's Etsy page for more beautiful glitters. I've already decided I want to place an order ;).


More info and swatches after the jump!





First up is Brighton.

Brighton is a minty green, that's more green than blue.

It's the perfect spring/summer shade.

I don't wear a lot of greens on their own, but this is so wearable and so gorgeous.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The formula was a little thick, but it wasn't difficult to work with.

It's a very opaque formula, but it was slightly streaky on the first coat. The second coat covered everything up perfectly.

It dried with a bit of a gritty finish so I did need a top coat to smoothen it all out.

In the bottle you can see lots of shimmer, however unfortunately this doesn't really translate onto my nails. In dull lights you definitely can't make it out, but when I looked at it with my phone's torch it was definitely there.


Next up is this shade of pink. At the moment it doesn't have a name yet!

When I first saw this I thought it was a very pinky purple, but looking at the photos it definitely looks more pink with a hint of purple. I feel like it's right there in the middle.

It's a very pale pastel colour.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

This formula wasn't as thick as Brighton. It was really easy to work with.

It's a very opaque polish. The first coat as a bit streaky so it did need a second coat.

I did add a top coat for the swatches, but it isn't necessary.  It dries completely smooth.

Again, the bottle has beautiful subtle delicate shimmer, however it's not visible on the nails in dull lights (I swatched these on a cloudy rainy day!).



Third up is Head In The Clouds.

This is a gorgeous blue. It's almost like a baby blue, but it's much more saturated and bright.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

This had a similar formula to Brighton. It was a little thicker, but not difficult to work with.

Again it's very opaque, but slightly streaky on the first coat so I applied 2 for the swatch.

It dries smooth and I applied a top coat for the swatch.

All of the polishes have a very quick dry time.

Head In The Clouds also has this beautiful subtle shimmer in the bottle which isn't visible in dull lights.



The last creme of the collection is I Lilac Lilac You.

This is a pastel purple, but it's slightly darker and more blue toned than other lilacs.

This had the smoothest formula of them all and was easiest to work with.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was slightly streaky and the second coat covered everything up.

I Lilac Lilac You dried smooth but I did apply topcoat for the swatch.

This is the only creme that's a straight up creme without any shimmer.



Last up is Bunting For Joy.

This is a really fun glitter topper.

It consists of (all matte) tiny yellow hex glitter, slightly larger light blue and periwinkle hex glitter, slightly larger periwinkle, yellow and red hex glitter hex glitter, large next glitter in all of those colours, and triangle glitter in red, yellow, blue and periwinkle.

I used 1 coat for the swatch over a gradient of the 4 cremes.

all the smaller hex glitter is very easy to get out of the bottle. It's very densely packed. I needed a little fishing for the large hex glitter and the triangle glitter.

It dries smooth so you don't need to apply a top coat.



I'm in love with all of these nail polishes. From when I opened the package and saw how beautiful they all look together, to swatching all of them individually.

My favourite, surprisingly, is the glitter topper Bunting for Joy. It's such a fun glitter and I want to layer it over everything! From the cremes my favourite is the blue Head In The Clouds. It's such a beautiful shade of blue and I love that's it's slightly more saturated than the average baby blue.

I think they all work beautiful together as a gradient.

What's your favourite of the collection? Will you be picking any of these up?

Remember to check out Little Lost Ones on Instagram, Facebook and Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment