Tuesday 4 August 2015

What's Indie Box July 2015 Swatch & Review

I purchased my very first What's Indie Box and I am literally over the moon excited. What's Indie Box is an Australian monthly box with 5 Australian based indie nail polishes. Every month there is a different theme and the box includes different brands. I have been wanting a Whats Indie Box since before I moved to Australia, but for some reason never ended up getting one..

I bought the July What's Indie Box. This had a fashion catwalk theme and included nail polishes from Emily de Molly, Bella Belle Nail Couture, Peita's Polish, Lilypad Lacquer and Sayuri. I had heard of 4 of the 5 brands and have wanted to try Bella Belle and Lilypad Lacquer for ages.

The shipping of the box was incredibly quick. You pre-order the box and the start of the month and it gets shipped about halfway through the month. Whenever I order from Australia I am always surprised by how quick I receive it, usually easily within a week. Whereas packages from America take up to 2 weeks.

I also have LIVE SWATCHES of these polishes on my YouTube channel, so check that out here!

For all swatches, keep reading after the jump! 



First up is Lilypad Lacquer Fashionista.

This is a super stunning bright purple scattered holographic polish. It still has a completely smooth finish not gritty.

This is seriously the brightest holographic I own.

The formula was incredible. I only used 1 coat for the swatch.

It's super easy to work with, very opaque, no streaks of patches. Perfection.



Next up is Bella Belle Nail Couture Forget Me Not.

This is a slightly dusty grey toned sky blue holographic polish with a few larger silver hex glitters.

Bella Belle is a brand I have wanted to try for the longest time, but last time I checked they don't ship internationally! This was part of the reason why I finally decided to try a What's Indie Box :).

The formula was a little more sheer on this polish and I used 2 coats for the swatch. The formula was very smooth, not streaky and easy to work with.



Next is Emily de Molly Absolutely Fabulous. For some reason the name reminds me of Sex And The City.

This is a grass green crelly polish with medium sized silver hex glitter, slightly smaller dark blue hex glitter and silver hex glitter, even small silver hex (holo??) glitter and very fine dark blue dust glitter.

This is a very unique combination and something I've never seen before. It's not something I'd wear very often, but I think it's a gorgeous combination regardless.

I used 2 coats for the swatch. It's quite opaque and there was only a slight visible nail line on the first coat. It's sheer enough to see the glitters from the first coat through the second coat so creates a gorgeous jelly sandwich effect.

It dries a little gritty so I would recommend a top coat.



Next up is Sayuri Mushroom Magic.

This is such a unique and incredibly beautiful glitter combination.

Mushroom Magic has a very sheer pink jelly base and is packed full of golden shimmer and blue iridescent glitter. It is seriously amazing. I'll add a brush shot below just to show off how beautiful it is.

It is a very sheer polish so I applied 3 coats for the swatch. Normally a sheer polish like this would bother me, but the sheerness adds to the depth of the polish. If it was any more opaque it wouldn't have that same effect.

I would recommend a topcoat as it has a very slight gritty finish.




Last up is Peita's Polish Shine Bright.

This is a bright red jelly base with small red hex glitter and silver holographic square glitter.

The first coat applies completely even without any streaks, but it is a jelly so there is a visible nail line. The second coat completely covers up the nail line.

Again it's got this beautiful jelly sandwich effect because of the sheerness of the polish.



I love my first What's Indie Box, and I'm sure it's started an obsession. I definitely won't be getting every month, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the themes and brands.

Check out What's Indie Box on Instagram for more information! 

xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment