Friday 21 August 2015

Charming Tale Indie Nail Polish Swatch & Review

Hi everyone! I have something super exciting to share with you today! A brand new UK based indie brand!!

Leanne (@leasnails on IG) has created her own line of handmade polishes called Charming Tale. Anyone reading my blog must know that I LOVE UK indie brands so I'm probably just as excited as Leanne is!!

Charming Tale is launching tomorrow, the 22nd of August, and it's a 5 free lacquer. From having a little stalk of the Facebook page it looks like Leanne has created 2 collections: The Fairest Of Them All and the Fairy Godmother collection.

I have the very exclusive Mistress Of All Evil polish to show you from the Fairest Of Them All collection. Leanne has only created 2 bottles of this polish! If it's popular she might make more... so be quick! This collection consist of 3 polishes, this one alongside Poison Apple, a shimmery red, and Magic Mirror, a beautiful glittery gold. I also received a Liquid Latex called Practical Magic which I'll be using in an upcoming nail art tutorial.



Mistress Of All Evil is a deep dark vampy purple with a gorgeous silver shimmer.

In the close up above you can see it has a hint of blue as well, on the nail, without a super macro, it reflects silver.

It's definitely a very dark purple but it's not so dark that it looks black. I think this is going to be a must have for Autumn around Halloween when the days are getting shorter, darker and colder. That being said, I think it would also be great for a night out. The shimmer really pops and makes the polish look luxurious.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It was almost fully opaque in just 1 coat, and if you're in a rush you could easily get away with just 1 coat.

I could very very slightly see the pink of my nail through the first coat. Adding a second coat really deepened the colour.

For the polish being so opaque, the shimmer doesn't get lost. It's very apparent on the nails no matter what lighting your in.

It dried to a glossy finish and I didn't use topcoat for the swatch. If you're in a rush I'd recommend using a fast dry topcoat. It was touch dry very quickly but still dentable.

Check out Leasnails on Instagram because she does absolutely fantastic swatches. Also make sure to check out Charming Tale on Instagram for more sneak peaks and details about the launch TOMORROW!!

http://www.charmingtale.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment