Tuesday 28 July 2015

OPI Venice Collection Swatch & Review

Ever since I first saw the OPI Venice Collection press release I knew I had to have them. I don't have a lot of will power when it comes to OPI... I picked up 8 of the 12 shades. The collection is set to release in August, but tnbl.co.uk had them early! It's a Autumn/Winter 2015 collection, but if you look at the colours, they're very pastel, nude, red, spring, summer. I don't really mind because I wear these types of colours all year round (especially the nudes!). Another reason I picked these up is because some of these are so unique in OPI's collection. A minty green! A warm pastel purple! A melon shade! It's all so new and exciting!

I have live swatches of these colours on my youtube channel, so if you want to see me applying these only my nails and really see what the formula is like, click here!

Anyway let's get started!

First up is Worth A Pretty Penne.

How cute is that name!??

This is like a rosey gold type of colour. When you look at the macro shot below you can see it's actually silver and copper shimmer instead of rose gold.

The formula is so easy. A lot of the time these shimmery shades are super sheer and need at least 3 coats to build up opacity. This was opaque in just 1 coat. I applied 2 for the swatch to see if it would make a difference. It didn't. You only need 1 coat!



Next is Gelato On My Mind.

This is the perfect minty green. It's right in the middle of a blue and a green.

This is quite similar to Essie Blossom Dandy, but I don't have a comparison yet.

The formula on this was really easy to work with. It's a little bit on the thin side, and the first coat was quite streaky, but the second coat covered everything up.

I used 2 coats for the photos.

Next is Purple Palazzo Pants.

This is a beautiful warm toned slightly dusty pale purple. This is something I've never seen from OPI. I have a pale lilac, Rumple's Wiggin, but that's much much cooler toned, and other dusty purples, such as Planks A lot, are much darker.

Autumn/Winter? No. Pretty? Yes.

The formula is the same as Gelato On My Mind. A little on the thin side and streaky on the first coat. The second coat covered everything up beautifully.

Next is A Great Opera-tunity.

This is described as a melon shade. It's a pale dusty orange. If that's a thing.

It's another beautiful unique shade. This leans a little more autumn, but like a warm autumn, not a grey cold english autumn.

The formula was similar to the others. It was on the thin side and streaky on the first coat. This was more streaky than the previous 2. The second coat covered everything up perfectly.

Now on to the neutrals.

This is Tiramisu For Two.

This is a slightly pink toned neutral and I love it! These types of shades really suit my skin tone.

The formula was slightly thicker on this one, which made it easier to work with.

It wasn't quite as streaky as the other on the first coat, but it definitely needed a second coat to cover everything up.

My favourite of the collection is I'll Be There In A Prosecco.

I've been loving these types of ivory creme colours lately. I think they look so sophisticated and elegant.

The formula was the same as Tiramisu For Two, it's slightly thicker and easier to work with. Not quite as streaky as the first few cremes, but definitely needs a second coat.

Next is My Boyfriend Scales Walls I Cannoli Wear OPI.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly the same as My Boyfriend Scales Walls from the Spiderman collection. Unfortunately I used up my entire bottle so I can't do a comparison for you.

It's a white with maybe 1 drop of grey. It's really beautiful and great if you just want white nails, but not too white.

The formula was easy to work with. A tiny bit thicker than the first few cremes and streaky on the first coat, but the second coat covered everything up perfectly.

Last up is a red. Of course I had to pick up the red polish from the collection since I have an unhealthy obsession with red polish.

This is Amore At The Grand Canal. It's a beautiful slightly deeper darker red.

It has more of a crelly formula which I love. I think I prefer crelly's over cremes!

The first coat was really even and didn't have any streaks. I could see a very slight visible nail line so I did apply a second coat for the swatch.






That's it for the OPI Venice Collection! There are 4 more shades which I wasn't too bothered about and there are also 3 limited edition glitters that haven't been released yet.

I really love this collection, OPI rarely disappoints. The collection isn't very Autumn/Winter, but OPI has gone into a different direction. I know China Glaze and Color Club both have camping collection which have browns and other more Autumn-y colours, but it's nice to see a brand do something different for a change. I would use all of these colours, whereas the Nordic Collection from last year, I haven't touched since I swatched them!

What do you think of the Venice Collection? Will you be picking up any of the shades, or are you going to wait until spring 2016 to pick these up?
xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment