Tuesday 14 July 2015

Polished By Leanne Swatch & Review

I've been following Polished By Leanne of Instagram for a while now and I decided it was time to try out some of her polishes.

When I ordered she has an offer if you spend over a certain amount you will get a freebie. I haven't swatched that one yet, so it'll show up in a later post sometime!

The three polishes I bought are Nice Ice Baby, Under The Sea and Sky High.

Polished by Leanne is a new UK Indie brand. Leanne sells a lot of gorgeous glitter combos and has just come out with a brand new holographic collection! If I hadn't just bought a whole bunch from Freckles Polish, I'd definitely buy them!

First up is Nice Ice Baby.

This is a super super super light pale blue. It's so light that it almost looks like a white! I love these types of off white shades and they're perfect for all year round.

It has a very smooth easy formula. It's not too thick or too thin. It has great coverage on the first coat, but it was a little streaky. It would be fully opaque if you used a thicker 2nd coat, but I do quite thin coats. I would recommend 2-3 coats for full opacity. It dries quick and glossy.

More swatches & review after the jump!




Next up is is Under The Sea.

I didn't swatch this on its own, so I don't know about the coverage. Instead I created a glitter gradient!

Under The Sea is a blue green holographic glitter polish.

I sponged the gradient over Nice Ice Baby. I used 2 "coats" of sponging to get the effect.




Last up is Sky High.

This is a sky blue polish with iridescent glitter. At first I thought it was a white glitter, but if you look at the close up it looks more iridescent.

The first coat was very sheer, but the second coat almost covered it up completely. I used 3 coats to completely cover up my nail line.

It dries with a bit of a textured finish, so I added a topcoat.

Polished By Leanne is a 5 free, cruelty free uk indie brand. Check out her etsy page for more details! 

xx Elaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment