Friday 4 September 2015

'Ard As Nails Swatch & Review

Today will be a very quick blog post since I'm a little behind my work load!!

I have some more 'Ard As Nails polishes to show you! Kat, the creator of 'Ard As Nails, has been so lovely and sent me these few to review and photograph.

'Ard As Nails is created by the brand Soap Dodger, who until recently only created handmade bath and body products. They have branched out into a line of gorgeous nail polishes.

At the moment there are two collections. Creme polishes and Colour Shift polishes. Today I have a bit of a random mix to show you.

As always I have LIVE SWATCHES of these on my YouTube channel


First up is Dee Dee.

This is a gorgeous creamy sky blue.

Now the sky in England hasn't quite looked that colour for a while now... Mostly white or grey!

This has an incredible formula, as I have come to expect from 'Ard As Nails.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat.

The first coat was slightly streaky, so it did require a second coat. It dried quickly and to a glossy finish.



Next up is Olly.

This is beautiful pale lilac shade.

This had the same formula as Dee Dee.

It's very smooth and easy to work with. It has the perfect consistency where it's slightly thicker, but incredibly easy to apply. The slight thickness means that it's very opaque.

I used 2 coats for the swatch and no topcoat.

I'm not sure when these two polishes will be released as Kat wasn't sure about releasing them. I hope she does ;)



Next up is an unnamed holographic polish.

This hasn't been released yet, but 'Ard As Nails will be releasing a whole holographic collection sometime soon!

This is a bright orange. The holo is definitely there but I had trouble photographic it because it's such a saturated base colour. And, of course, England is lacking some sun.

The formula on this is just as smooth and easy to work with as the others, but this is a little bit more crelly-like.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.


The last polish is from the recently released Colour Shifting collection. The collection was released on the 1st of September and it consists of 4 colours. I have reviewed 2 here.

This shade is called Emma and it shifts from this bright green to a blue.

I applied 2 coats over black. All the colour shifting polishes need to be applied over a black base as they are very sheer on their own. It also transforms the colour and makes them pop. As you can see it looks very different in the bottle!



Check out 'Ard As Nails here for all their polishes!
'Ard As Nails Instagram

xx Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment