Saturday 5 September 2015

M.Y.N.X. London Couture Boutique Nail Lacquer (Part 1)

Last week I had the chance to meet up with Haydawn, the creator of the brand new Couture Boutique nail lacquer M.Y.N.X. London. We met up and had a good old chat about all things nail polishes, and then we swatched her entire collection.

M.Y.N.X London consists of 12 polishes, although Haydawn is already working on a few new shades! There is a little bit for everyone from sheer colours, to pastels, brights and darks. I've divided the collection into two separate blog posts. For this post we'll be looking at the bottom 6 polishes.

M.Y.N.X. London is a couture boutique nail lacquer based in the UK. They create premium grade nail lacquers using the finest ingredients. Some are even infused with 10 carats of diamond! Definitely very luxurious!

Haydawn first set up Kandy Colors. This started out as a service where people could design their own polishes. She loved creating all these polishes and started mixing her own combinations. Kandy Colors soon escalated into a UK indie brand. Haydawn wanted to create something a bit more luxurious and higher end, without that price tag. That's how M.Y.N.X. London started.

M.Y.N.X. London is 5 free and cruelty free. The bottles contain 10ml, they have a golden label and cap and a small precise brush.

As always, I have LIVE SWATCHES of these on my YouTube channel!



First up is Tif Only You Knew.

This is a gorgeous minty teal. It's a fun pop of colour, but still very elegant and sophisticated. In the bottle you can see very fine shimmer, although that didn't translate onto my nails.

I used 3 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was a bit on the sheer side and slightly streaky. The second coat really intensified the colour and it was almost fully opaque in 2 coats. I still have very slight streaks so I did apply a second coat.

The polish dries very quickly and with a glossy finish.







Next up is Kandid Galaxy.

This was a huge surprise for me because I LOVED it. Usually I'd never go for shades like this!

This is a very rich, vibrant shade of purple with a pearlescent finish. There are no visible brush strokes. It's so bright and vibrant it almost glows.

Kandid Galaxy is also one of the polishes that is infused with ultra fine diamond dust.

I used 2 coats for the swatch. It has a great formula. It was slightly sheer on the first coat but applied very evenly. The second coat covered everything up beautifully and intensified the purple.




Next is Mermaid Mystery.

This is a really unique shade. It's a forest green, with a stunning blue shimmer running throughout. You do need to shake this up before use.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat is a little on the sheer side, but the second coat covered everything up beautifully.




Next up is Vamp Venom.

This is a gorgeous vampy pearlescent mulberry red in a dark base. This is also infused with ultra fine diamond dust.

In dull lighting this looks black or brown, but as soon as the light hits it, the red shimmer pops off the nails.

This reminds me of Germanicure by OPI, but 100x better. OPI was very sheer and was slow to build up.

I only used 2 coats for the swatch and it's fully opaque. It dries quick and I didn't apply topcoat.




Next is my favourite from the bunch.

This is a linear holographic in a slightly sheer grey base. It is meant to be used as a layering polish so you can create endless combinations. For the swatch I have applied 2 coats over black.

This is Bring It On and it's also infused with the ultra fine diamond dust.

I love the holographic rainbow effect against the dark grey base, it's such a gorgeous combination. I can't wait to experiment layering this over other shades!




The last shade for today is Vixen.

If you follow me on Instagram or on here, you'll know that I'm absolutely obsessed with reds.

This is a fiery orange toned red. It's very bold, feisty and in your face.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

This is a little bit more crelly than the previous shades. On the first coat there was a very slight visible nail line. You could definitely get away with just applying one coat, but I added a second one to just cover everything up.

It dries incredibly glossy and very quickly.



So that's the first half of M.Y.N.X. London. From the bottles to the colours, everything looks very luxurious and high end. My favourites are Vixen, Bring It On and Kandid Galaxy.

Keep an eye out for part 2, which will have the nudes and pastels!

M.Y.N.X London links:
Website
Instagram
Facebook

xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment