Friday 25 July 2014

Birthday Swatches (Revlon, Sleek, Models Own)

My 22nd birthday was on the 21st of July and I received 4 beautiful nail polishes including 2 Revlon Parfumerie Scented nail polishes, 1 Models Own Hypergel and a Sleek nail polish. All of them are completely new to me so I was very excited to try them out.

First up is Lavender Soap, part of the Revlon Parfumerie line. I have been wanting to try some of these polishes since I lived in Australia, but they were $20 each, which was a little bit pricey for me...

Lavender Soap is a very pale pearly lavender shade, I'm usually not a huge fan of pearl finishes, but this was surprised me! It looks very elegant and so shiny and just like a pearl haha. In direct sunlight you can see the lines of the brush strokes, but in the shade it looks glowing.

The formula is a little sheer and liquidy so it was a tricky to work with. I applied three careful coats for full opacity.

The smell is really nice and fresh and soapy!



The second Revlon Parfumerie polish is Lime Basil. This is a gorgeous medium jade green - I had a hard time describing this colour. It isn't too bright so it's a great colour for everyday wear. I think it'll also be great for nail art.

I used three coat for full opacity, although you could get away with 2 careful coats. The only thing I have to say application wise is that you have to be careful not to brush over the same place twice as it'll pull the nail polish and create a bald spot.

I was expecting a lime or a basil kind of smell, but I found this also smelled very soapy... It's still a nice, fresh smell, but I'm not sure whether it's supposed to smell of lime/basil or whether all the nail polishes have the same smell and the names just refer to the colour?



The third nail polish is Blue Glint by Models Own. It's one of their new Hypergel finishes, meaning it's glossy and long wearing like a gel polish, without the UV lights! I really like these kind of gel polishes and they seem to be getting very popular amongst other brands too.

The formula is a little thicker than other polishes, but it's also very very opaque. I used two coats for the swatch. It dries super glossy and looks incredibly! I wasn't sure whether the polish had dried already haha

It's a really bright cyan blue and great for the summer.


The final nail polish is Sleek nail polish in Waikiki 008. I have never tried anything from Sleek before but have seen their nail polishes and have been very curious about them.

This is another gel finish, similar to the Models Own Hypergel, where you don't need a UV light. The bottles are really cute, similar to the Butter London polishes, but these have a twist top, not a pull top.

I used three thin coats for the swatch, but I think you could easily get away with two thicker coats. It started off slightly streaky but the third coat finished it off beautifully. I loved the formula, although it was a bit streaky, it was super easy to apply. It has a thick flat brush so that made application easy too.

I am in love with the colour and it's perfect for the spring and summer. I think it really matches my skin tone. I literally have nothing bad to say about this nail polish!





No comments:

Post a Comment