Monday 15 September 2014

Free Orly - Cosmopolitan Magazine

 This month Cosmopolitan Magazine are giving away free mini Orly nail polishes. There are 4 to choose from: Neon pink, red, gold and nude. I picked up the pink and red.

The neon pink is called Passionfruit, and the red is called Monroe's Red.

Before I start, I have to say these bottles are the cutest in the whole world!

First up is Passionfruit. This is a super bright neon pink that dries with a satin finish. The formula is a little on the sheer side, and even after 3 coats you could still see my nail line, so I decided to compare it to using a white base.

I used a white base on my index finger and ring finger. Although it's hard to see in the photo, there was quite a big difference in real life... neons are so difficult to capture! Two coats over a white base made the colour pop so much more and made it slightly lighter.



The second colour is Monroe's Red, a beautiful red with slight shimmer - which doesn't translate onto the nail. It's a really easy opaque formula and I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat.


Will you be picking up any of the 4 shades? 
xx Elaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment