Saturday 13 June 2015

Freckles Polish Swatch & Review Part 2

I received half of the Back To The 80s Collection by Freckles Polish to review a few weeks ago, and I loved them so much I decided to buy the other half of the collection! Check out the first half here!

Freckles Polish is a UK Indie brand run by Julieann. She's created some amazing holographic polishes and I literally want them all. Spoiler alert, I also bought some holos which'll be in a different post.

The Back To The 80s Collection consists of 4 neons and 4 complimenting holo polishes. This post will include the purples and the yellows.



First up is Get Off My Bum ... Bag.

This is a beautiful bright warm toned purple. I love it!

I used 2 coats for the swatch plus topcoat

The first coat was slightly streaky and there was still a clear visible nail line. It's fully opaque in 2 coats. The second coat also brightens the colour.

It dries very very quick, so you have to be careful with application. It dries to a matte finish.



I compared it to China Glaze Violet Vibes from the Electric Nights collection and Ulta3 Spring Break.

As you can see Get Off My Bum ... Bag is much brighter a pink toned.


More info and swatches after the jump!




The accompanying is Shellsuit Superstar.

This is a slightly darker tone of purple, but still very bright.

I used 2 coats for the swatch, although it was fully opaque in just 1 coat. The second coat slightly deepens the colour, so I would recommend a second coat, although it's definitely not necessary.

It dries matte so I added a topcoat to the swatch.


Next up is Rockin' A Perm.

This is an ultra bright yellow. It's kind of a mixture between a highlighter yellow and a sunshine yellow.

This had the trickiest formula of the lot.

I used 3 coats for the swatch, but I did still have slightly streakiness of my ring finger.

It's quite sheer on the first coat and very streaky. I had the same issue here as with the purple, that it dries super quick so you can't really take your time to apply it evenly.

I think if you're more careful it's an easy 3 coater, but because I started out pretty streaky, it just didn't end well.

It dries matte so I applied a topcoat to the swatch.



I compared it to Daisy Know My Name from the Electric Nights collection by China Glaze, and Models Own Bikini.

Daisy Know My Name is not as bright and a little more yellowy, Bikini is a lot lighter but just as bright.

The last polish in this collection is Scrunchies.

This is the yellow holographic that goes with Rockin' A Perm.

This has the same formula as all the other holos, super easy to work with.

I used 3 coats for the swatch as it was a little more sheer, but it was easy to build up and dried quick to a matte finish.



Here is a close up of all the holos. I think they're all so beautiful! I can't wait until the sun comes out more so I can get to wear them!

In general from the whole collection my favourite is Jelly Shoes, the pink neon.

Will you be picking up any of the polishes from the Back To The 80s Collection? Find out more about Freckles Polish on their Instagram and Etsy!

xx Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment