Wednesday 24 June 2015

Neon Gradient with Nail Mail Stencils

I am a huge fan of creating gradients. I think it's the easiest nail art to create and it always looks so impressive!!

To make it even more impressive I used nail stencils from Nail Mail. Nail Mail is a UK nail stencils company to help you create difficult designs with an easy stencil!

For this design I used the Moroccan Vintage design.







To find out how I've created this design keep reading! 




I started off with the gradient.

I used a white base of Barry M Cotton.

I then applied a fast drying topcoat. As that dried I applied Mess Free Mani around my nails. This is a liquid latex tape create my Nail Mail. This makes it 100x easier to clean up after the gradient.

I applied 5 colours onto my sponge. From top to bottom:

China Glaze Peonies & Park Avenue, China Glaze Petal To The Metal, China Glaze Sun Worshipper, Shop Eighty4 Candy Mint and Pipe Dream Polish All In.

I used 2-3 "coats" of sponging and then added a fast drying top coat.



I wasn't really happy with the gradient and felt like it needed something more.

I used the Moroccan Vintage design by Nail Mail. Once my nails were fully dry, I applied the stencil to my nails.

I used Models Own Liquorish Allsorts to paint over the stencils.

Then gently pull off the stencil, wait for the polish to fully dry and add a topcoat.

That's it!

I love the final design.

I think it looks much more impressive that it actually is to create.

Check out Nail Mail for all the different stencils and Mess Free Mani. 

No comments:

Post a Comment