Monday 9 February 2015

Barry M Winter Collection

This winter Barry M released 3 new nail paints. Ballerina, Vintage Violet and Nightshade. I started getting into nail polish when Barry M released their Gelly range and therefore never really looked at the regular nail paints before. What a mistake.... their nail paints are just as amazing, creamy and pigmented as the gelly range. They only cost £2.99 so super affordable and Barry M is ALWAYS on sale either in Boots or Superdrug.

First up is Ballerina. This is a dusty nude leaning pink.. if that makes sense? I think it's a great shade for the winter. It's still a pop of colour but nothing too in your face.

The swatch is only 1 coat. ONE COAT! Pretty impressive for this type of shade. No topcoat.

The second colour is Vintage Violet, it's a very dusty grey toned yet vibrant purple. I don't own anything like this! I have a few dusty grey toned purples, but this was is still quite warm at the same time.

I used 2 coats and no top coat. It's almost as glossy as the gelly range!

The final colour is Nightshade. This is a super super dark purple. So dark that it's pretty much just a straight up black.

Again I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat. It's so glossy! The gloss does fade very quickly so I would recommend using a top coat anyway.


What do you think of the new colours? I'm pleasantly surprised and will definitely pay more attention to the regular nail paints from now on!

xx Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment