Monday 9 February 2015

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Swatches & Review

Barry M is coming out with a few new nail polishes to add to their range. They are launching three new gelly's and a whole new line called the Speedy Quick Dry range. They are set to launch this week in Superdrug, but for some reason my local Boots was selling them early... I'm not complaining!

I picked up 1 new gelly called Coconut which I'll swatch and review later and I picked up 4 of the new Speedy nail polishes.

The Speedy Quick Dry polishes consist of 9 beautiful spring colours. I'll give you a little hint... I'll definitely be picking up more!!

First up is Pole Position. This is a pastel pistachio green. There are two greens in the collection: this one and a mint. This is definitely much warmer toned.

The brush is incredible. It's a very flat wide brush which means I only needed 1 or maybe 2 swipes to cover my entire nail. Not only is it a quick drying formula, but the application is also very speedy.

I used two coats for the swatch and no top coat. The first coat was quite streaky but nothing a second coat couldn't cover up.



The second colour is Eat My Dust. This is a very light pastel slightly grey toned blue. I'm a sucker for any pastels so only buying 4 is pretty impressive for me!

Again I used 2 coats for the swatch and no top coat.

The polish does dry very quick. I don't like waiting for my nails to dry so always use a quick dry top coat. I didn't use a top coat for these nail polishes and right after I applied this colour I started cooking dinner. I didn't get any scratches, dents or smudges! They dry much quicker than the gelly range because I always scratch those...

The third colour is In A Heart Beat and it's a beautiful warm toned pink. This was a pleasant surprise on my nails. Obviously I liked the colour in the bottle, but once I applied it it looked amazing!

I used 2 coats and no top coat for the swatch.


The last colour I picked up and my favourite is Pit Stop. I love all neutrals and pastels ... and neons .... well ... I pretty much like everything.... Anyway I love neutral polishes because I think they fit any occasion and any season. Greys have been pretty popular so far this year thanks to 50 Shades Of Grey, but I do have to admit I much prefer this one over the greys from the OPI collection. This is an almost taupe-y grey that leans slightly lavender purple-y. In some lights it looked grey, and other times it definitely looked a little purple. I love it. It's a much softer shade than those that came out in the OPI 50 Shades of Grey collection.

Again, I used 2 coats and no top coat.


What do you think of the Speedy Quick Dry line from Barry M? Will you be picking up any of their colours? They retails for £3.99 so the same price as the Gelly range. 

xx Elaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment