Thursday 28 May 2015

Isadora Haul Swatches & Review

I keep seeing swatches of the brand Isadora on my instagram feed, and I couldn't resist any longer.

Isadora is a Swedish beauty brand. They offer a wide range of make-up, but of course I was only interested in the nail polishes.

They have a wide range of different polishes including a no UV gel line, graffiti (crackle), wonder nail (extra long lasting) and more.

I was mainly interested in the gel lacquer as I've heard such excellent reviews. I placed my order from Fruugo as they shipped internationally.

I didn't test the longevity of the polish as I'm not allowed to wear nail polish to work.

The bottle shape is very unique and not something I've seen before. The cap pulls off so it's easy to hold. The bottles itself are very small and only hold 6ml. That's basically the same size as most minis which is a little disappointing considering the price. I paid £7.95 for the fuel polishes.

The brush is beautiful. It's a very wide flat brush that easily covers my whole nail.

First up is Skyline.

This is the reason for my haul, I saw this on instagram and I literally had to have it.

It's a really beautiful light blue shade with maybe 1 drop of purple.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was slightly streaky, but the second coat covered everything up. It dries quick and glossy.

It is recommended to wear the Gel top coat with these polishes, but for the swatches I didn't apply any top coat.


More info and swatches after the jump!



Next up is Ocean Drive.

This is such a bright turquoise!! It's perfect for summer and it really pops off my pale skin.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It was slightly streaky on the first coat, although with careful application you could easily get away with just 1. It's fully opaque in 2 coats.

It's slightly more green in real life than it is in the bottle.

Again, it dries very quick with a glossy finish.



Orange Zest is a really flattering burnt reddish orange.

Oranges are always a bit of a hit or miss situation for me, but I think this is so beautiful! It's actually a lot more beautiful on my nails than it looks in the bottle, I was a little worried!

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It is fully opaque in just 1 coat, but I added a second as I could see the slightest bit of nail line.

It dries quick and glossy.


Next is Scarlet.

I am in love with reds, but this surprisingly didn't really work for me. It's a super bright slightly darker red with shimmer.

I used 1 coat for the swatch.

It's a super creamy opaque formula and I didn't even consider using a second coat. It was very subtle shimmer, which isn't really visible on the nails. It dries glossy and quickly.

I decided to buy three nudes. It's my favourite colour to wear.  First up is Pretty Ballerina.

This is a slightly pink toned nude and I LOVE it. These types of nudes are definitely the most flattering on my skin tone. It definitely isn't a mannequin hands type of nude, but it's super pretty.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It was slightly streaky on the first coat, but fully opaque in 2 coats. It was an easy application, dried quickly with a glossy shine.


Next is Classy Nude.

This is much more of a beige pink and much closer to mannequin hands. Usually I don't like this tone of nude, but I really loved this colour.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

The first coat was slightly streaky, but the second coat covered everything up perfectly. It's a very smooth formula. It was quick drying and very glossy.



The last gel lacquer is Boho Pink.

I was actually expecting this to be a bit of a sheer formula because of the colour in the bottle, but it's just as creamy and amazing as the others.

This is a super gorgeous pale pink and I love it!!

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

the first coat was streaky, but the second coat covered everything up. It dried quickly and glossy.



The last polish I bought is from the Wonder Nail line.

This is called Spring Bud.

It's a really pretty pale green. This is another one I saw on instagram and I knew I had to have it.

This is supposed to be extra long lasting, but not quite as long as the gel lacquers, and it's quick drying.

I used 2 coats for the swatch.

It was slightly streaky on the first coat, but the second coat covered everything up perfectly.



I'm really impressed with Isadora. It's a fantastic brand with great quality nail polishes. The only down side for me, and the reason I probably won't be purchasing any more is that they only contain 6ml and coast £8! It's a little too pricey for the amount of polish you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment